Monday 1 December 2014

Do you have Nutrition problems? Can I help?

November was a good month for me with just under 150 miles clocked up, good consistent training with only one planned days training missed. Hopefully December can go as well with all the distractions it can bring ;-)
I have just finished my current block of training and started again at the weekend on the next block of training, this 10 day cycle repeats itself 4 times over the next 40 days with the 3 sessions in each cycle becoming more progressive. An example of this is the long run which yesterday was 90 minutes. This will be 120 minutes by the end of this block of training. The long run has now been adapted to include a few strides (6x45 seconds) in the 2nd half of the run to get the legs turning over and working the muscles differently.

For the end of November we had a lovely morning yesterday to run in shorts and tee-shirts, taking in all the challenging hills around the back of Stamullen & Balscadden.

The 10 day cycle works well for me at the moment as well because I am in college some weekends. I started a course in Nutrition & Health Coaching a few months back and am really enjoying it so far. It has given me an eye opener as if we didn't know already how important what we put into our body is to our overall health, and how it can lead to lots of digestive problems and diseases.

Maybe in future blogs I can put in some advice or relevant information if people are interested in that.

As part of the course we have to work on some case studies in the New Year. That's maybe where maybe some of you can help me to help you. I'm looking for 4-5 volunteers to begin working with in the middle of January.

I know most people that read this are probably healthy & fit individuals but if you suffer from any digestive or food related problems, or general health problems that you think can be improved by better Nutrition then maybe I can help you. Please send me a PM on Facebook or e-mail to pete.slevin@gmail.com if you are interested in discussing further.

No comments:

Post a Comment