Monday 11 February 2013

3 Weeks to Bohermeen

Don't ask me where the last 7 days have gone let alone the weekend. To say it has been hectic is an understatement. Sometimes life gets in the way of running or you just have to try and squeeze in runs where you can and when you can. This was one of those weeks.

The snow came on Monday but thankfully it didn't hang around too long. Got my 3 midweek runs in but changed the schedule around a bit to what suited. Legs were feeling tired for the medium long run on Thursday so welcomed the rest day on Friday.

The conundrum for the weekend was that we had a night out planned on Saturday night (which was a great night) and I was going to the rugby on Sunday (which wasn't so great). So I did my long run on Saturday morning and took Sunday as a rest day instead of today and will do Saturdays run this evening. After that I'll be back on schedule. Saturdays run was horrible, rotten weather, legs feeling like concrete blocks etc etc. Didn't matter what pace I ran at I just couldn't get them going. Was glad when the 14 miles were finished and the only thing I was happy about was the pace which was a lot better than it felt. For the last couple of miles I was bribing my mind with thoughts of Chicken wings in Blue later that night and it seemed to work. I also thought how stupid it was that for the previous day I hadn't really drunk any water to prepare for the run and I also did the run without any fluids so that will help explain how I felt so crap as well as the general increase in mileage from a few weeks ago.

This evenings run will bring me up to around 43/44 miles for the week which is what the aim was. Also have had no issues with injury (touches wood) and tiredness in the legs is to be expected and something to just get used to again.

Next week will be more of the same really with maybe a slight increase but nothing much. Gonna try and focus a bit more on nutrition and trying to eat the right foods and preparing properly for training and after training (that should be fun).


On the subject of marathon training and injuries and running in general I came across the video below. I know I can definitely relate to a lot of it and I'm sure a lot of others can as well. Check it out and let me know if it reminds you of anyone ;-)




No comments:

Post a Comment