Monday 4 February 2013

4 Weeks to Bohermeen

4 weeks yesterday to the Bohermeen 1/2 Marathon means it's time to get down to some solid training. Hopefully I can get 3 weeks solid training in and a week to recover/prepare for the race.

Last week was about recovering from Raheny so in general it was just easy running, keeping the legs ticking over without too much effort. It was also time to start getting the mileage back up after it had dropped for the previous 2 weeks due to injury.

The week consisted of 5 runs with a long run of just over 13 miles on Sunday giving me a weekly total of over 36 miles. The long run had plenty of hills and was a bonus to be able to run for almost 2 hours with no real pain.

Next week will hopefully be in excess of 40 miles for the week but with a bit more emphasis on speed work on Tuesday & Saturday. Again the aim for the week is really just to be able to complete the prescribed sessions without any niggles flaring up. It's all just about getting out to run consistently (and hoping the snow stays away).

I have added a tab showing my current training plan (well the next 2 weeks anyway). It looks very fancy and I suppose it is but it is not self made. Since before Xmas I have been getting training plans/coaching from Rene Borg of Champions Everywhere. The benefit
for me of this is that each run has a purpose be it the type of run, how long it should be or roughly the pace it should be at. Even in the few weeks I have been following their plans I have learnt a lot about training smarter. 

Hopefully I can do it justice in Bohermeen. If everything goes well I'll hope to run under 1:40 for the first time. It will be a tough ask but I'm looking forward to the challenge.





1 comment:

  1. Best of luck with the training plan - sub 1:40 no bother to you! Karen

    ReplyDelete